Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12/12/12 Dooooooom!


Intro:  

The Albums:
  • Disciplined Breakdown - Collective Soul
  • Discography:  The Complete Singles Collection - Pet Shop Boys
  • Disintegration - The Cure
  • The Distance to Here - Live
  • Diva - Annie Lennox
  • The Division Belle - Pink Floyd
  • Dogman - King's X
  • Dogs From Japan - Crack the Sky
The Wrap Up:  

I may have to listen to Disciplined Breakdown again.  I like what I heard but due to the ebb and flow of the work day, I didn't hear as much as I wanted to of it.  Both that and Diva by Anne Lennox get the grower award, I heard parts of Diva and I want to hear more of it.

Dogs from Japan was pretty awful, poor 80's rock production and, in my opinion, weak songwriting.

I had to weigh Dogman and The Division Bell for a few moments before finally anointing Dogman.  King's is such a fantastic band and they absolutely smoked both times I saw them live.

The Final Tally:
  • Winner
    • Dogman - King's X
  • Growers
    • Diva - Annie Lennox
  • Keepers
    • The Division Belle - Pink Floyd
  • Wibblers (no opinion one way or another)
    • The Distance to Here - Live
  • Moodies (Albums for a certain mood)
    • Disintegration - The Cure
    • Discography:  The Complete Singles Collection - Pet Shop Boys
  • Bleh
    • Dogs From Japan - Crack the Sky

No comments: