Tuesday, December 4, 2012

12/04/12 (Insert witty name here)


Intro:  Kind of a crazy morn, should be an eclectic day musically.  We have 90's alt, Country, 70's rock, 80's pop, 00's pop and Rush.

The Albums:
  • Continuum - John Mayer
  • Contraband:  The Best of Men at Work - Men at Work
  • Core - Stone Temple Pilots
  • Counterparts - Rush
The Wrap Up:  

Well this ended up being a short musical day for some reason, sadly, I don't have a lot to write about.

Here is the one point of interest from yesterday, I'm giving Counterparts the win and a 'grower' tag.  On the last few releases by Rush, I've been unimpressed by Geddy's voice.  He sounds really good on Counterparts though.  I don't know if it's a mix or the result of a younger Geddy singing, but I caught a little of the magic of Rush again.  Don't get me wrong, I love Rush, I probably see them every other tour and give them props for continuing to do what they obviously love.  It was just a nice change to not have to apologize for Mr. Lee's voice (in my own head).  I get it, we all get older and degrade a little bit as we age, sadly nothing to be done about it.  I just really enjoyed hearing a younger Geddy Lee singing.

The Final Tally:
  • Winner
    • Counterparts - Rush
  • Growers
    • Counterparts - Rush
  • Keepers
    • Continuum - John Mayer
  • Wibblers (no opinion one way or another)

  • Moodies (Albums for a certain mood)
    • Contraband:  The Best of Men at Work - Men at Work
    • Core - Stone Temple Pilots
  • Bleh

    No comments: