Thursday, October 11, 2012

10/09/12

Ok, so welcome to the music blog, this will be a year long project to listen through all of the albums on my computer.  I've sorted everything in order by album title enjoy and have fun.  Take a look at the albums, vote for your favorite, discuss, enjoy:

10/09/12 Today's albums:
Abacab - Genesis
Abba Gold: Greatest Hits - Abba
Abbey Road - The Beatles
Abraxas - Abraxas
Absolutely Free - Frank Zappa
Accelerated Evolution - Devin Townsend
Accelerator - The Future Sound of London
Achtung Baby - U2
Acquiring the Taste - Gentle Giant
X - Across the Line - Ghost Circus  - Didn't finish this one, will queue it up tomorrow.

It was a decent day musically, Abbey Road is certainly a classic, though I never quite appreciated The Beatles as much as I should have.  Absolutely Free and Abraxas didn't quite connect with me and Accelerated Evolution isn't my favorite Devin album.  Accelerator was a nice surprise, I really enjoyed that and will put it on my list of albums to circle back to.  My favorite album of the day however was Abacab by Genesis.  While it's probably my least favorite Genesis album (ok, it is my least favorite) it was still the winner of the day, beating out Accelerator.  To Abacab's favor.  I must have stepped out during 'Whodunnit' which is my absolute least favorite Genesis tune.  I don't remember hearing it at all so extra points for timing.

Summary:

  • Winner
    • Abacab - Genesis
  • Growers
    • Accelerator - The Future Sound of London
  • Keepers
    • Abbey Road - The Beatles
    • Accelerated Evolution - Devin Townsend
    • Achtung Baby - U2
  • Wibblers (No opinion one way or another)
    • Acquiring the Taste - Gentle Giant
  • Moodies (Albums that require a certain mood)
    • Abba Gold - Abba
  • Bleh
    • Abraxas
    • Absolutely Free - Frank Zappa


No comments: