Monday, October 29, 2012


10/29/12  Today's Albums:

Auntie Aubery's Excursions Beyond the Call of Duty - The Orb
The Autobiography of Supertramp - Supertramp
Awake - Dream Theater
Awakening - The Reasoning
Babalu - Desi Arnaz and his Orchestra


Summary:

Well, an hour into it, we're off to a crappy start.  Auntie Aubery's extra curricular activities were really unnecessary, I skipped the last few songs in an effort to spare myself the agony.  It was ok, in kind of a mind numbing painful, repetitive crappy electronica kind of way . . . Sorry, wasn't feeling it, moved on to Supertramp.  You know, I never quite thought about the band name, Supertramp, I've decided that I want to meet the woman that inspired the name.  just out of curiosity.

Sadly, when I came back from lunch, I lost a bit of time as I got just so carried away working diligently that I missed an hour or two.  My list for the day was a bit abbreviated.  Awake is a favorite.  If you're looking for something new to check out (John Ciganik) this is a great way to start exploring progressive metal.  This is a favorite CD of mine, probably top ten all time, definitely top twenty and today's winner.  Awakening is a good CD as well, a bit mellower than DT, but good none the less, they have a great balance of male and female leads.

From there, we went to an old favorite, Babalu by Desi Arnaz . . . Yes, you heard right, Desi and his orchestra were rockin' the cube farm today.  I even got a 'you're an odd bird' out of the young lady in the next cube.  Did you know that Desi was rapping back in the fifties?



  • Winner
    • Awake - Dream Theater (really, this wasn't fair to the other albums)
  • Growers

  • Keepers
    • Awakening - The Reasoning
    • Babalu - Desi Arnaz and his Orchestra
  • Wibblers (no opinion one way or another)
    • The Autobiography of Supertramp - Supertramp
  • Moodies (Albums for a certain mood)

  • Bleh
    • Auntie Aubery's Excursions Beyond the Call of Duty - The Orb

No comments: